Get The Look: Gold + Pink Makeup As Seen At Novis
Lead Makeup Artist: Janell Geason, Aveda Global Artistic Director for Makeup
The Scoop: For the Spring/Summer 2015 Novis presentation it was all about pop art-inspired graphics and vivid color. To be a soft addition to the look of the collection, Janell Geason, Aveda Global Artistic Director for Makeup created a face that was subdued and elegant. “The look is really beautiful and fresh, but not so girly; it’s much more lady like and grown up,” Geason said. Using colors from the Aveda Spring/Summer 2015 makeup collection, Geason kept the face clean while subtle bursts of pinks were found on the eyes and lips.
How To DIY The Modern Pink Makeup at Novis
- Create a dewy appearance by moisturizing the face with Tourmaline Charged Hydrating Creme. Even out skin by applying Inner Light Mineral Loose Powder.
- Groom brows by brushing up and over, then set with a coat of Mosscara in Earth.
- For the eyes, apply Petal Essence Single Eye Color in Azalea from the lid to the brow bone. Then apply Petal Essence Single Eye Color in Winter Lilac to the outer edges of the top lids. Use Mosscara in Earth on the upper and lower lashes.
- Contour the cheeks with Uruku Bronzer in Amazonia.
- For the lips, block out the natural lip color by coating the lips with Inner Light Concealer in a color closest to the skin tone.
- Using a fresh lip applicator, dab the lips with Nourish-Mint Rehydrating Lip Glaze in Pink Hibiscus (available spring/summer 2015)