You know the saying,” bigger isn’t always better.” But, well, that’s not entirely true – although, when you can fake it, it may as well be.
Having big, beautiful eyes is something many women dream for, but few women have. Even those of us who love our eyes could use some help brightening and looking fresh most days. Take these six easy tips for making your eyes appear bigger and brighter than ever, no one has to know the truth, and trust us, they won’t be able to tell.
1. Use a pale peachy pink or pale blue pencil on the inner rim of the lower eyelid to make the eye appear brighter. Avoid using a white pencil because it can look unnatural. Try Eye Bright by Benefit ($20) or Origins Eye Brightening Stick ($14).
2. Apply a highlighting cream to the inner corner of the eye by the tear duct and on the brow bone. This will give the illusion of a more open eye. Try Smashbox Eyebeam Double-Ended Eye Brightener ($22).
3. To create extra depth on the lid, use a shadow that is a few shades deeper than your skin tone from the lash line to the crease. Blend the edge with a brush so that it fades away around the crease area.
4. Line the eye with shadow, using a thin, firm brush. The best colors to use are black, dark grey, deep brown, or blue. Apply the color right at the base of the upper lashes, working the color into the lash area. Don’t make a thick line; this will make your eye appear smaller. Use the same technique to apply a taupe shade to the lash line of the lower lashes. Finish with black mascara on the top and bottom lashes.
5. Don’t forget to conceal and brighten underneath the eye! Benefit Erase Paste ($26) is a great brightening concealer.
6. Lastly, a well-groomed brow helps to frame the eye. Sonia Kashuk Brow Kit Arch Alert Palette ($9.99) is a favorite because it is a colored wax and allows you to mix the colors to make the perfect shade for your brows!