In an effort to remind women of the importance of real and inner beauty, to promote better body image, to prevent eating disorders and to encourage conversations about unrealistic body ideals, we have launched Makeup Free Mondays. But many of you already know that!
Not yet familiar with Makeup Free Mondays? Click here!
Makeup Free Mondays, though, goes beyond merely forgoing makeup on Mondays. Rather, the movement is all about empowerment. It’s about recognizing inner beauty, expanding the definition of outer beauty and showing the world what both look like. It’s about real beauty.
With the hope of spreading this message, we encourage you to take action to help us ensure greater steps towards, and conversations about, more realistic body image and beauty ideals. On board? We assure you, participating in Makeup Free Mondays is simple!
Here are a few action steps you can take today:
1. Don’t wear makeup on Mondays (or use less for those who need to do this in baby steps).
2. Stop apologizing for not wearing makeup, no matter what day of the week it is.
3. Organize official Makeup Free Mondays at your school, place of employment or with your friends.
4. Encourage conversations about real beauty and better body image within your own families and friendships.
5. Share your makeup free photos with The Beauty Bean via Facebook and on Twitter with the hash tag #MakeupFreeMondays.
6. Donate unopened and unexpired makeup to your local women’s shelter, Dress for Success chapter or similar women’s program. Though The Beauty Bean focuses on inner beauty, we know that the confidence a polished look can give is something all women deserve.
For more information or to learn how you can get involved, email us at RealBeauty@TheBeautyBean.com