DIY This Modern Crocodile Nail Art As Seen At New York Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2016
Designer: Sophie Theallet
Lead Manicurist: Julie Kandalec for essie
The Scoop: Taking inspiration from Sophie Theallet’s African themed Spring/Summer 2016 collection, Julie Kandalec for essie created a modern crocodile nail design with shades licorice and leggy legend. The earthy hues complemented the designer’s color palette while also providing an eye-catching, metallic pop of color to the overall look..
How To DIY Modern Crocodile Nail Art
- Apply first base base coat to clean, filed nails.
- Next, apply two coats of licorice to entire nail and let dry.
- Then, apply a thick, vertical stripe of leggy legend down the center of the nail.
- Next, dip a dotting tool in leggy legend and apply imperfect dots and dashes on each side of the stripe from top to bottom.
- To complete the design, take a striping brush and apply a thin, vertical line of leggy legend in between the dots and edge of the nail on both sides.
- Finish the crocodile nail art with gel.setter top coat.