The New York Fashion Week Fall/Winter 2015 Backstage Beauty Report: Snow-Tipped Manicure
Lead Manicurist: Jin Soon Choi of JINsoon
The Scoop: Tibi’s Fall/Winter 2015 collection was inspired by some of the most defining elements of the Inuit culture — its mastery of the Arctic clime, kinship, and heart for wandering and adventure. Inuit dressing embodies all of this in its warmth, coolness of colors, range of textures and oversized cuts. With a modern eye, Tibi re-interpreted this world for the modern time. Jin Soon Choi created a sophisticated, snow-tipped manicure inspired by the sculptural lines, varied textures and icy palette featured throughout the collection.
How To DIY A Snow-Tipped Manicure
- File and clean nails, removing all traces of polish and oil residue
- Use a base coat to protect nail; Jin used JINsoon Power Coat
- Apply two coats of JINsoon Nostalgia and let dry
- On each nail, paint a curved line horizontally across the middle of the nail to tips; Jin used JINsoon Doux, launching in Spring 2015 (but you can use Kookie White in the meantime).
- Finish with JINsoon Top Gloss