The New York Fashion Week Fall/Winter 2015 Backstage Beauty Report: Chevron Manicure
Designer: Rebecca Minkoff
Lead Manicurist: Michelle Saunders for essie
The Scoop: Rebecca Minkoff drew inspiration for her Fall/Winter 2015 collection from Patti Smith and her memoir “Just Kids,” which depicts life in bohemian New York City in the late 1960’s and early 1970’s. To complement the designs, which were heavily influenced by Smith’s effortless rock ‘n’ roll style, Michelle Saunders for essie created an edgy chevron manicure.
How To DIY A Chevron Manicure
- Apply one coat of first base base coat to clean, filed nails.
- Next, apply one coat of mademoiselle.
- To create the zigzagged, chevron manicure design, create a reverse V-shaped line on the middle of each nail using one coat of berry naughty.
- Then, create the same reverse V-shaped, chevron manicure line on the tip of each nail using one coat of midnight cami.
- Finish with good to go top coat.