The New York Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2016 Backstage Beauty Report: Glitter Half Moon Manicure
Designer: Naeem Khan
Lead Manicurist: Julie Kandalec for essie
The Scoop: Inspired by the ornate, bejeweled pieces found throughout Naeem Khan’s Spring/Summer 2016 collection, Julie Kandalec for essie created a nail design that mimicked jewels trailing down the nail. The sheer shades paired with silver glitter made for a chic, modern glitter half moon manicure perfect for everything from the office to weddings.
How To DIY A Glitter Half Moon Manicure
- Apply ridge filling base coat to clean, filed nails.
- Apply one thin coat of topless & barefoot.
- Apply one coat of limo-scene.
- Carefully dot set in stones on the nail near the cuticle, working the glitter towards the free edge to create the gradient effect.
- Finish with gel.setter top coat