The New York Fashion Week Fall/Winter 2015 Backstage Beauty Report: Matte Negative-Space Manicure
Designer: Marissa Webb
Lead Manicurist: Miss Pop for OPI
The Scoop: They created a matte navy nail look with a strip of negative space that was bold and strong with a feminine touch.
How To DIY A Matte Negative-Space Manicure
- Start by applying OPI Natural Nail Base Coat.
- Leave a sliver of negative space up the center of the nail using striping tape for cars or blue painting tape.
- Apply two coats of OPI Nail Lacquer in Light My Sapphire. Allow a few minutes for the polish to set.
- Smooth with OPI Top Coat. (It’s important to add a regular top coat under the Matte Top Coat so it’s even, with no bumps.)
- Finish with OPI Matte Top Coat, to add texture to the color and take the shine out.