Backstage Beauty Report: How To DIY The Metallic Stripe Manicure
Designer: Paul Andrew
Lead Manicurist: Julie Kandalec for essie
The Scoop: Paul Andrew drew inspiration from modern Hong Kong for his Spring/Summer 2016 collection. To complement the designer’s vibrant color palette and rich textures, Julie Kandalec for essie created a striped, metallic nail look with no place like chrome.
How To DIY A Metallic Stripe Manicure
- Apply first base base coat to clean, filed nails.
- Next, apply one coat of allure to all nails.
- Then, apply one coat of au natural to all nails.
- Starting 1/3 inch down from the tip of the nail, use a striping brush to create a thin, horizontal stripe with no place like chrome on both thumb nails.
- On all remaining fingers, use a striping brush to create a thin, vertical stripe down the center of the nail with no place like chrome.
- Finish the metallic stripe manicure with gel.setter top coat