Nail How To: DIY Rebecca Minkoff’s Modern French Manicure
Designer: Rebecca Minkoff
Lead Manicurist: celebrity manicurist Michelle Saunders
The Scoop: Celebrity manicurist Michelle Saunders created a modern French manicure using two fall essie shades, the antique pink go go geisha and a deep crimson maki me happy. The look was inspired by the eclectic cool girl vibes from Minkoff’s line.
How To DIY Rebecca Minkoff’s Red + Pink Modern French Manicure
- Start by applying first base base coat to clean nails.
- Next, apply go go geisha, an antique pink, to just the ring fingers, and let dry.
- Then, paint maki me happy, a deep crimson, on the rest of the nails.
- Now, take the maki me happy and while angling your brush horizontally, drag it across the tip of the ring fingers (just shy of half way down your nail).
- Using go go geisha in this same fashion, paint across the tips of the other nails to complete the modern french manicure.
- Finish with gel.setter top coat.
Pro Nail Tip: Michelle suggests holding the brush horizontally to help create a crisp, straight line. Another option is to use clear tape to tape off the area at the tip. Simply paint the tip of the nail. Let the polish to become semi-dry before removing the tape. Or, if you’re more experienced, paint the entire nail your base color and then use a flat brush dipped in acetone to remove the tip before painting with the accent color.