The New York Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2015 Backstage Beauty Report:Linen Nail Art Manicure
Designer: Wes Gordon
Lead Manicurist: Rita Remark for essie
The Scoop: To complement Wes Gordon’s Spring/Summer 2015 collection, Rita Remark for essie drew inspiration from the designer’s muted color palette. She created a sophisticated, yet effortlessly cool design that resembles linen against the skin for the hands. For the toes, she used sand tropez to polish off the look.
How To DIY A Linen Nail Art Manicure
- Apply ridge filling base coat to clean, filed nails
- Once the base coat dries, apply one coat of cocktails & coconuts, followed by one coat of imported bubbly to mimic the look of dewy imported bubbly to mimic the look of dewy skin
- Next, dip a striping brush into blanc and remove most of the polish in order to have maximum control, and to prevent pooling.
- To create the linen pattern, add vertical stripes of blanc down the length of the nail, keeping the lines very thin and unevenly spaced
- Then, repeat the method above with horizontal blanc stripes across the nail
- Finish the design by adding a thin coat of allure to diffuse the brightness, followed by good to go top coat
*Expert tip: use ridge filling base coat to prevent your polish from streaking