The New York Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2016 Backstage Beauty Report: Split French Nail Art
Lead Manicurist: Jin Soon Choi for JINsoon
The Scoop: Tibi’s Spring/Summer 2016 collection plays with the use of color in monochromatic tones to create a light and refined style. Jin Soon Choi matched this concept by creating colorful nail art that plays with the monochromatic theme of the collection.
How To DIY Split French Nail Art
- File and clean nails, removing all traces of polish and oil residue.
- Apply a coat of JINsoon Tulle.
- Using a striping brush draw two parallel lines in the center of the nail with the color of your choice.
- You want to leave the center strip blank. Then draw a diagonal line from each line towards the edge of the nail. Once you have the outline of the shapes, fill them in. Tip: For this look to look the best you want the two parallel shapes to look as symmetrical as possible.
- Finish the split french nail art with JINsoon Top Gloss.