Runway Manicure: How To DIY The Tadashi Shoji’s Textured Gold + Black Nail Art
Designer: Tadashi Shoji
Lead Manicurist: butter LONDON’s Global Colour Ambassador, Katie Jane Hughes
The Scoop: The Tadashi Shoji Fall/Winter 2016 collection is all about sex appeal and the remaking of identity. Tadashi explores the world of body ornamentation – from the intricate detail work of tattooing to the symbolic expression of skin beautification. Tadashi Shoji’s textured gold and black nail art followed suit with the matte black textured base and high shine gilded tips.
How To DIY Tadashi Shoji’s Textured Gold + Black Nail Art
- File nails into a round, almost pointy, but not dagger-like, shape.
- Use aa fan brush to apply butter LONDON Nail Lacquer in Union Jack Black with a sideswipe motion, like windshield wipers, to create a textured look across entire nail. The polish should be thin and translucent in spots.
- Apply a small amount of glue to the tips of the nail in a random pattern, keeping every nail different.
- Apply gold foil on top of the glue with a manicure stick.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 on all nails.