U by Kotex Power To The Period Changes Homeless Women’s Access To Feminine Care Products.
Can your period power social change? U by Kotex thinks so.
And well, if it is part of the cycle that creates life, we’d like to think that it’s the least your period could do.
Sure, we could all do without the monthly annoyance of a period: the cramps and regular bathroom runs, in particular. But a regular period can go from a hiccup in one’s day-to-day life to a full on catastrophe if you’re one of the 3.5 million Americans who experience homelessness each year and have limited access to and few places to turn for period products.
U by Kotex Power to the Period is aiming to change that and, well, they need our help!
U by Cotex Power to the Period is launching the first-ever national period products drive and second installment of the U by Kotex Period Projects – a groundbreaking series of projects, each inspired and led by Holly Sanchez, a woman who shares the brand’s passion for creating change, and executed in partnership with DoSomething.org, one of the largest global organizations for young people and social change.
Today, U by Kotex Power to the Period drive encourages people to buy and donate an extra pack of period products to a homeless shelter.
But they need our help!
7 Ways To Get Involved
- Host a Power to the Period donation drive in your neighborhood!
- Donate unopened packages of period products (as opposed to individually wrapped items; it’s more hygienic, and it’s important that people see the instructions on the package) to a local homeless shelter.
- Visit UbyKotex.com, DoSomething.org/Period or text PERIOD to 38383 to learn how to get involved.
- Visit DoSomething.org. The U by Kotex® brand will make product donations on behalf of DoSomething.org contest winners. Plus, participants can sign up for a chance to win a $5,000 scholarship.
- Share YouTube celebrity Ingrid Nilsen’s Power to the Period PSA!
- Visit UbyKotex.com to learn more about other Period Projects and to request a U by Kotex® product sample.
- Join the online conversation with #PeriodProjects.
So the next time you’re out, picking up your monthly box (or boxes!) of tampons or pads, think of the women who don’t have access. Then, throw an extra box in your basket to donate to a homeless shelter.
The U by Kotex Power to the Period drive is proof that together we can change the way we think about, talk about, and support the period needs of homeless people in our communities.
Brought to you by U by Kotex