Need another excuse to fall clean your home (because we all know a once-a-year spring-clean never quite cuts it!)? Is that increasingly messy “junk drawer” or that mirror you sill haven’t hung (years after buying it) not motivation enough? Well, what if your much-needed home work could not only get your home in tip top shape, but also your body too?
Sound too good to be true? It’s not! Rather, Cornel Chin, author of Celebrity Body on a Budget, says that just 30 minutes of housework each day can double as your workout too. So, there’s no need to feel guilty about skipping out on the gym. Instead, improve your home, your body and your relationships (trust us: your partner or roommate will be very appreciative!) all at the same time!
Cleaning out your office too? Click here!
Here Cornel Chin’s top 10 household chores for getting fit fast (and why we’re suddenly motivated to complete these much-neglected household tasks!):
1. Moving furniture… because we all know there is at least one chair or dresser you’ve been meaning to move and just haven’t gotten around to.
2. Scrubbing floors… because there’s no way we’d volunteer to get down on all fours unless a six-pack were (possibly) included anyway.
3. Raking leaves… because landscapers always have killer arms (and we’ve taken note).
4. Gardening… because having homegrown produce is incentive enough.
5. Mowing the lawn… because it’s like walking on a treadmill while pushing weight (and see #3 above).
6. Washing the car… because it always looked like those cheerleaders running fundraisers were having fun (maybe…)
7. Cleaning windows… because you can barely see outside and want to enjoy the dwindling days or warm weather anyway.
8. Vacuuming… because that dog hair isn’t picking itself up (and you can do walking lunges at the same time!).
9. Washing dishes… because it’s not only more eco-friendly that the dishwasher, but also a great upper body workout. Keep your abs engaged for added benefits.
10. Doing laundry… because you no longer want to use the “I’ve run out of clean sports bras” excuse for why you’re skipping the gym.
Really need more sports bras? Click here to learn how to buy the best ones!