Women across the world are joining our movement! Just Google “Makeup Free Mondays” and you can see the buzz growing. We are thrilled with all that this means: women are not only embracing their natural beauty, becoming more comfortable in their own skin and expanding their definitions of beauty; but also helping to give the gift of beauty and confidence to women without access to makeup by donating unused and unopened cosmetics to their local women’s organizations!
There are 6 simple ways to get involved:
1. Don’t wear makeup on Mondays (or use less for those who need to do this in baby steps).
2. Stop apologizing for not wearing makeup, no matter what day of the week it is.
3. Organize official Makeup Free Mondays at your school, place of employment or with your friends.
4. Encourage conversations about real beauty and better body image within your own families and friendships.
5. Share your makeup free photos with The Beauty Bean via Facebook and on Twitter with the hash tag #MakeupFreeMondays.
6. Donate unopened and unexpired makeup to your local women’s shelter, Dress for Success chapter or similar women’s program. Though The Beauty Bean focuses on inner beauty, we know that the confidence a polished look can give is something all women deserve.
If you or your business are participating in Makeup Free Mondays:
Email us a picture to RealBeauty@TheBeautyBean.com, post a picture on our Facebook Fan Page or Tweet using the hash tag #MakeupFreeMondays and we’ll feature you on The Beauty Bean.
A few of the many participating women are pictured above!