Take coconut oil from kitchen to bathroom with these 10 beauty hacks that bring the benefits to your beauty routine.
You’ve heard nutritionists tout the benefits of adding coconut oil to your diet (its higher smoke point makes it a healthier oil to cook with at high temperatures and it’s been shown to help burn belly fat!) but it’s time you add coconut oil to your beauty routine too.
Not in with coconut oil yet? Head to your grocery or health food store and look (or ask, if you’re confused,) for extra-virgin cold-pressed organic coconut oil. It’s the healthiest variety with all it’s benefits still intact!
Ready to take coconut oil from kitchen to bathroom?
Here are 10 Ways Coconut Oil Can Boost Your Beauty Routine…
- Remove Waterproof Eye Makeup. Gently rub coconut oil over eye makeup and use a cotton round to remove both the oil and the makeup. Repeat until the cotton round is clean. Leave residue to moisturize the gentle eye area. It not only dissolves even the most stubborn waterproof eye makeup, but also keeps your eyes perfectly moisturized too.
- Banish Blemishes. After cleansing, apply a small amount of anti-bacterial coconut oil to your face to curb sebum production and fight acne. Your body will think your skin has all the oil it needs and stop producing the pore-clogging kind of oil while simultaneously fighting the bacteria on the surface of your skin.
- Fight Fine Lines. Use coconut oil as an anti-aging eye cream to fight fine lines with its hydrating and exfoliating properties.
- Banish Behind-The-Arm Bumps. If you suffer from small white or red bumps on the backs of your arms, apply coconut oil twice a day. The lauric acid will help to gently exfoliate them away.
- Get A Closer Shave. Apply coconut oil to dry legs, underarms or bikini line before getting in the shower or bath. Shave, as usual.
- Scrub Away Dull Skin. Mix 2 tablespoons coconut oil with 1/4 cup sugar to create the perfect body scrub.
- Soothe Sunburned Skin. Scotched by the sun’s rays? Apply coconut oil to burned skin to soothe discomfort, prevent peeling, fight infection, and encourage faster cell turnover.
- Whiten Teeth. Vigorously swish a tablespoon of coconut oil in your mouth for 2 minutes before spitting out to break down plaque and whiten your teeth.
- Absorb More Vitamins. Drizzle coconut oil over vegetables to ensure you’re absorbing all the fat-soluble vitamins in the healthiest way.
- Boost Metabolism. The saturated fats in coconut oil have been shown to help burn belly fat and boost your metabolism. Swap out butter for coconut oil and you’ll feel and look healthier in no time.