Everything you need to know about bleaching eyebrows.
And for good reason.
Whether you’ve recently lightened your hair or are just looking for a semi-permanent way to brighten your entire face (without spending your entire beauty budget on a tropical getaway or face-framing hair highlights), lightening your eyebrows with Jolen Creme Bleach is a quick, gentle, and affordable way to soften your look, match your eyebrows to your new shade of hair color, or just change up your look.
Bleaching eyebrows, though, doesn’t have to mean taking your brows from bold to barely there.
Rather, much like fashion trends that are often tweaked to transition from runway to real-way, lightening your brows doesn’t have to be so dramatic. Instead, here at TheBeautyBean we often use bleach to just lighten our naturally brown brows a shade or two to brighten our entire complexions.
Ready to take your eyebrows to a lighter shade? Here’s how….
- Pick up Jolen Creme Bleach at your local major retailer( including CVS, Harmon, Rite Aid, ULTA, Walgreens or Walmart, for suggested retail price of $5.99). Try the sensitive formula with Aloe Vera, for use on sensitive, more delicate skin.
- Cleanse your face, paying special attention to your brows. You want to remove the oils on your skin evenly so the bleach absorbs uniformly. Pat your face dry with a clean towel.
- Using a spoolie (an eyebrow brush that looks a bit like a dry mascara wand), apply enough Jolen Creme Bleach to your eyebrows to cover all the hair, being especially careful not get any in your eyes. Hint: brush eyebrow hair back and forth to ensure the cream bleach covers to the root of the hair.
- Wait 45 seconds before wiping the bleach off (in the order in which you applied it). Jolen Creme Bleach takes just 10 minutes to take hair from dark to invisible, but to just lighten your brows a shade or two, it’s important to apply the bleach in 45 second intervals.
- Want your brow hair lighter? Repeat steps 3 and 4 until you reach your desired result. (Just remember, you can always lighten more, but the only way to add color back in is with hair dye, so it’s always better to air on the side of less.)
- While you’re at it, use your Jolen Creme Bleach to make unwanted lip, cheek, chin, arm, thigh, stomach, and other body hair nearly invisible. (Note: not recommended for use on the pubic area).
- Found your perfect shade? Wash your brows thoroughly with your favorite facial cleanser and pat dry before enjoying the results that last up to four weeks… and share your new, lighter, more confiendent look with us on twitter using the hashtag #GoConfidently!
Enter To Win Too!
Connect with Jolen on Pinterest & LIKE the new Jolen beauty Facebook page for beauty tips from celebrity makeup artists, giveaway offers and, of course, girl talk!
#GoConfidently with Jolen Creme Bleach – celebrating 50 years of confidence!
Brought to you by Jolen.