By Yancy Lael
What would you say if I told you could enhance your skin’s natural glow with one simple product for under $10?
Wondering what this inexpensive, multi-purpose beauty product could be?
It’s simple: witch hazel!
Unsure how to use it? Read on!
5 Ways To Improve Your Complexion With Witch Hazel
1. Tone. Most people know witch hazel for its astringent properties. While it’s best to keep toning to a minimum (you don’t want to over-strip the oil from your face, causing an imbalance), a light swipe of witch hazel a couple times a week will leave your skin feeling incredibly refreshed without drying it out.
2. Soothe Sunburns. If you’ve spent too much time in the sun (and for your skin’s sake, please don’t!), spritzing your skin with witch hazel will cool it down and speed up the healing process. In some cases, it may even help prevent flaking and peeling.
3. Treat Pimples. Dabbing mild acne with witch hazel is a great way to soothe the inflamed skin and help it heal faster.
4. Ease Irritation. If you suffer from dermatitis or other skin irritations, dab a little witch hazel on the affected areas to soothe the inflammation and redness.
5. Banish Dark Circles. Dab a bit of witch hazel under and around your eyes to clear up puffiness and dark circles. The astringent power of witch hazel will tighten and brighten the area. Just be careful not to get the witch hazel into your eyes.
How To Buy The Best Witch Hazel
Be careful to look over the ingredient lists when deciding which witch hazel to buy. Many companies have added a lot of unnecessary bells and whistles to their products in order to make them more marketable. Avoid witch hazel that contains fragrance, perfume, or alcohol – as well as any brand that has a long list of ingredients. One we like: Thayer Unscented Witch Hazel. And if you find witch hazel too drying, dilute it with distilled water.